Ricochet interference or low power

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

Have just replaced my faulty Window Contact, ran commissioning mode, for the first time.
im a little puzzled as to why all 3 devices that i have on the ricochet mesh are showing as low signal, especially because all 3 are on the same floor, and 1 i have moved to the same room as the 32xp-w expander..

my installed setup is predominantly wired, in a 3 bed semi.

Premiere elite 48

2 x door sensors
2 x Keypads
3 x pir
1 x shock
7 x M12 smokes / Heat

1 x 8 xp expander
1 x 32xp-w expander
3 x Micro contacts -w

all seems to operate as it should, im at a loss as to why such low Power, i have found a couple of tips on the forum, such as the larger back box for the contacts, and WIFI devices, ( ive disconnected everything , including a WIFI AP in the loft.

i am now thinking is the 32xp-w under powered? or maybe there is a power setting im missing to increase RX and TX.. seems really poor.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
think you find it’s low signal security rather than low signal, but without seeing the data I would be guessing.

3 wireless devices means very few routes back to the expander.

look in eng utilis/ ricochet diagnostics press chime button and you will see signal strength the higher the better.

Thanks mate,

Think I've found it.

88>>@Xp
100>>
100>>

So how would you improve signal security? Would I need to add More devices ?
I am adding more devices shortly, certainly window contacts

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back