Cant learn PIRs to Texecom expander

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Sorry for the long description but I am attempting to install my alarm system but have been scuppered at the step I thought would be one of the easiest! I cannot learn my wireless sensors to the system.
I have a premier elite 48 with version 4.01 firmware.
I have a 32XP-W expander with version 3.1.8 firmware.

On the keypad I can see both the wired keypad and the expander. When I try to learn the PIR to zone 9 , using learn ricochet device, it keeps timing out. The 32XP is open so in commission mode, I have tried putting the battery in the PIR before after selecting learn. I have reset the control panel multiple times to no avail. The 32XP is set to address 1, the keypad is set to address 1. All options switches are off on the 32XP.
I have tried PIRs as well as contact sensors.
The heartbeat led is flashing on the 32XP, the power led flashes when I try and learn a device.

To add to the mystery, until last evening I had only tried two QD-W PIRs so I decided to try one of the DT-W PIRs. This connected no problem, so I then tried the other and that connected no problem. I then tried one of the QD-W PIRs and that would not connect. I then Decided to delete one of the DT-W PIRs from the system and relearn it and it will now not learn. I have also fresh batteries.
Thanks in advance for any tips of ideas what I can check.

Sponsored Links
I would default the expander, which I think is done by going into engineer utility’s > Ricochet diagnostics > press reset and it should say “press YES to default expander” then leave the lid off for 20mins then try again.

Press learn button before putting in battery in, keep pressed until the battery is in then release.

What detectors?

Personally when there is learning issues I prefer to do the following via the keypad.

Rest to start learning process in zone setup, the reset when the timer is counting down.
Go to next zone and repeat, takes under a minute, to reset, rest, move to next zone and do same must be done for all zones of wireless expander to ensure they are free.

Then go to to zone 9 and start to learn the device, now it should learn on in a few seconds.

Make sure all wireless devices that are not learned have there batteries removed.

Start the learn process, press and hold in the button whilst inserting the battery when battery in release the button. Should learn in a few seconds

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back