Ricochet Window Sensors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to add a couple of sensors to my Texecom alarm, on aluminium window frames. I'm undecided whether to go for the Contact-W or the Impaq Plus-W.
In either case I'd be using the magnetic contact, but is the extra shock function worthwhile and above all reliable?
We have a window cleaner. Can I be sure that if he accidentally knocks the window with his ladder or bucket it won't set off the alarm?
Texecom says that both devices have the same battery life. Is that right in practice, since the shock detector must use extra current?
Any experience you can lend to this would be very gratefully accepted.
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
the contact-w is only reed so open and close of a window or door

the impaq plus is a reed and a shock, allocated to one zone.

depends on how hard he hits the window, how secure your window is fitted. I general window cleaners don't usually set the shock sensor off.

unless its being activated a lot you should get 2 years comfortably for either device

Thanks. Yes I have the specs of the two devices, just couldn't decide whether the extra shock facility was worth having.

Obviously the sensitivity has to be good enough to alarm on an attempted break-in, but not enough to alarm on a random accidental knock. Need to think more about this...

Sponsored Links
the sensitivity is adjustable, in general if your windows are secure, and not sash, the settings wont need much if any tweaking.

there are not many window cleaners that will hit your windows hard, the impaq plus can disable the read but not the shock, which is a shame.

There are plans for a micro shock, last I heard it was still undergoing testing, but if its anything like the micro contact it be a big winner, hiding it within a frame

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back