wireless alarm help! new install spec!

ih

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I will be grateful for any help/advise for the new alarm install for my 3 bedroom semi with a ground floor extension. Wired is not an option for me and also the budget is streched for the Texecom ricochet premier 48w kit and i think i need to get additional qty 3 impaq contact to cover rear bedroom window + bathroom window + groundfloor extension window. then additional qty 1 impaq plus for the ground floor extension patio door. also additional smart key.(kindly note the kit has control panel
key pad+qty 3 quad pir+qty 1 impaq plus+qty 1 Impaq and qty 1 smart key) By the time outside sounder+ internal sounder + speech text dialler is added it comes circa £650!!
Alarms is not my forte! thanking you in advance

Sponsored Links
Hi
I will be grateful for any help/advise for the new alarm install for my 3 bedroom semi with a ground floor extension. Wired is not an option for me and also the budget is streched for the Texecom ricochet premier 48w kit and i think i need to get additional qty 3 impaq contact to cover rear bedroom window + bathroom window + groundfloor extension window. then additional qty 1 impaq plus for the ground floor extension patio door. also additional smart key.(kindly note the kit has control panel
key pad+qty 3 quad pir+qty 1 impaq plus+qty 1 Impaq and qty 1 smart key) By the time outside sounder+ internal sounder + speech text dialler is added it comes circa £650!!
Alarms is not my forte! thanking you in advance

Me neither, so take my advice with a pinch. The best advice is to get the pros in for some quotes (and advice), then decided what to do.

I wouldn't bother with the extra contacts/plus for a non-monitored install, just use the two in the package for front/back doors. Protect the upstairs hall with a PIR. Consider protecting bedrooms with PIRs if you can access window without ladder, and they contain valuables.

If you get the Premier Elite 48-w (GEA-0002) you get 4 wired zones. In most houses you should be able to get wires to the upstairs PIRs without too much fuss (maybe a smoke detector aswell).

Not sure it's worth getting the Speech and Text Dialer over just a Speech Dialer, SMS TAP servers are not particularly reliable. If you really want SMS over Speech, ComGSM is more expensive but more reliable method - and it tell you which zones have been activated.

• Thanks
Reactions: ih
ashleyp! thank you very much for very sound advise!! this will help with the budget and makes sense!
thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back