Ride on mower won't start!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Husqvarna ride on mower with a tecumseh 220 TVM 8 hp engine that will not start. It was running fine a week ago. I have checked to see if there is a spark with the plug out against the engine, whilst pulling the pull start, I couldn't see a spark, but don't suspect the plug as the engine is little used and two years old. It has an ' on/off 'switch. Can a plug just pack in if it looks fine? The mower is quite old, but has a newish engine. Very grateful for any help. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
A plug can indeed pack in like that, so do try a new one. Try turning the engine over in the dark - a spark is much easier to see then.
Also consider any interlock safety switches that your machine may have - they cut the ignition at various places. My own machine has (had!) a switch under the seat so if you stood up the engine stopped. Easily bypassed!
John :)

Thank you for your advice, I will try what you advise. Yes, my mower also has a seat cut out switch so I will try bypassing that as well. Many thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back