Ridge Tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All,

I've just the end ridge tile from my roof in the wind. It's from the end that is facing into the wind.

What suprises me is that there is very little sign of mortar on the tile - about 1cm on each of the edges, nothing on the end.

Looking at the roof there appears to be a bump at each end of the "tile" (or gap where it should be) and very little other mortar.

Is this usual? Was the tile fixed on properly?

I'm asking as this is a new home and while I appreciate that wind will cause damage it doesn't seem to me to have been fixed on properly in the first place.

Cheers, S

Sponsored Links
Spartan said:
I'm asking as this is a new home and while I appreciate that wind will cause damage it doesn't seem to me to have been fixed on properly in the first place.

Cheers, S

'new home' says it all. contractors are expected to fix a roof for a certain price regardless of quality. this will be done with a bare minimum of materials and labour to increase profit.

it is normal on sites, but not so normal in the 'tradesman who has a reputation to keep' marketplace. ;)

noseall,

Well thats rather what I expect but not suprisingly the developer claims it's wind damage so not their fault. I could accept that if the wind really was VERY bad at the moment or if the tile appeared to have been well stuck down.

However on the estate there are quite a number of houses that have all sufferered the same damage.

I'm really trying to establish if I'm being reasonable blaming it on the developer and if so sufficient proof to pursue them to make it good under the warranty.

Cheers, S

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back