Riello 40 burner keeps shutting off

You said it good old camrays I used to like boulters too just made a water jacket for a boulter putting in on Wednesday :p

Sponsored Links
The clue was when you said the boiler worked OK with the front off,
the most common boiler with case seal is the good old Camray, most balanced flue boilers use the 80mm "snorkel pipe" as previously described

If you wish to find a time served Experienced engineer near you
send me a PM with your location I can then forward it to my UK network of "Trusted Service Engineers"

Kind Regards
Ricky
Just sent PM. Thanks again.

Blimey this is an old thread..Makes me realise how in need of a new boiler I am but can’t afford that at the moment. Problem is my Camray 5 Combi starts and then immediately switches off. The motor still running but no ignition. I replaced the photocell and put a new electrode in but the problem persists. One thing I did notice was that if I unplugged the photocell I would get ignition until a few seconds later and it cut out - as to be expected- but at least I got ignition……’Any suggestions would be greatly received. Unfortunately my local heating engineer has now doubled his prices so I’m reluctant to call him out - especially as it was only serviced 3 months ago. (On removing the burner I did notice a load of soot on the outside of the blast tube.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back