riello oil pumps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Camray 2 oil fired boiler with a riello 40 g5 burner. It has had an updated pump fitted to it a while back 3007811. It wasn't firing up despite the fan and damper working and sparking up. My father took the pump to pieces and now it keeps jamming. I have turned the pump manually with the cover off and the crescent shaped piece (which floats free) jams in the gears of the other two cogs. Is it worn out and would that have been the reason for a lack of fuel to the burner when it wasn't jamming. Any help much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I know its after the Lord Mayors show and all that, but pops shouldn't have taken the pump apart........ :eek:

If you mean that he just removed the filter by removing the cover, fine.
If you mean he stripped it down, then you may need a new pump for starters.....

Have you checked the inline filter, if one is fitted ( which it should? ) they may appear to look ok, but can sometimes be clogged up. Sorry for the double post :oops:

Shame we can't choose our parents. Don't think its the filter as oil flow appears good to pump, unable to pressure test though. It does suggest pump problems but just trying to think ahead in case I have more than one fault.

Sponsored Links
Start with getting a new pump, and then go from there........... :)

Also, check that the photocell is clean and clear of soot. This can also stop the burner from firing continuously.

It could then be a faulty pump coil, which won't keep the pump spinning, which will shut the burner down.

Many thanks to CROCKET, changed pump and fired up straight away. Just surprised that when it originally failed to fire there was enough pressure to operate the damper/air vent. :D

Reillo have had a problem in the recent past with 'tight' oil pumps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back