riello g3

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
went to one of these today and the fan was running and running, pulled burner out and put a bit of card over end and she fired after 10 seconds. Put burner back in boiler and sometimes she fires and sometimes she does not.

Changed the control box and photo cell and it sorted problem.

Question is : has anyone seen this fault before ? and how do you test the photo cell with a multimeter . I can test bigger gas and oil photocells by messring the current because you can get at the wires.

Sponsored Links
It's what the burner does if the photocell is faulty (motor/fan/pump runs continuously). This is because its made no attempt light at that stage.
Chances are your control box wasn't faulty though.

Probably the most common fault on Riello burners. The cause is because the p/cell is giving a flame signal to the control box. Happens on the RDB burner also. The same fault can also sometimes be caused by a faulty coil when the control box cannot monitor a circuit.

Sponsored Links
the burner is up and running and had it on/off a number of times, so I don't think it would be the coil.

The strange thing I put the new box and photocell on and it did the same thing the first time i ran it :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back