Firing Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, I bought a Trianco, Eurostar 50-90, 2 years ago. It was commissioned 3 weeks ago by an OFTEC man. (not used last year due to high oil price). The boiler is fitted with a Eurostar max 4 burner.
The problem is that the burner keeps locking-out for no reason. Some mornings it won't start, other times it runs OK but stops after a couple of cycles. I think I have narrowed it down to 2 problems.
1. I discovered that the photo cell wasn't looking fully at the fire. I pulled the photo cell out about 1 cm and rotated it anti-clock 10 degrees -- this helped.
2. The fire now seems to be blackening the photo cell and this morning it wouldn't start until I cleaned the cell.
Why should it do this ??? Its got me beat.
:?:

Sponsored Links
sounds like a sooting problem.mainly due to poor combustion. when commisioned the boiler should be checked using mainly oil pressure gauge,smoke pump and analyser without one of them items. a boiler cant be set up properly.

Thanks for your swift reply. I paid the OFTEC man £80.00 to set up the burner 3 weeks ago. Surely he must have done it right? Anyway, the air adjustment scale is set at 9.8 I think the full open positon is 20. But you are spot on, it is a sooting up problem, but why does the soot get back to the cell?
Derek.

doesnt take much to soot an oil boiler.seen one that was wrongly adjusted and in a couple of days it had about 5mm of soot in the baffles.id get him back to check things over, also the fuel.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back