Riello oil burner hoses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello chaps

I have always serviced my own Potterton oil boiler and in recent times seem to have increasing problems with the Riello flex hoses that connect the oil supply to the pump. They just don't seem to last any time at all these days and quickly start leaking where the end fittings are crimped on to the body of the hose. Is this just my bad luck or is there a quality issue here? Also are there any better quality hoses around that I could use?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I got splendid advice from Muggles about exactly the same - although mine weren't leaking!
EOGB Ruby Red hoses are double reinforced and seem to be the way to go.
Still, avoid sharp unnatural bends and don't let the hose rub against anything.
John :)

I got splendid advice from Muggles about exactly the same - although mine weren't leaking!
EOGB Ruby Red hoses are double reinforced and seem to be the way to go.
Still, avoid sharp unnatural bends and don't let the hose rub against anything.
John :)

Thanks for that John. I will order one of these for my next service.

Sponsored Links
I remember back in the day when I used to work on aircraft they had devices called 'hydraulic fuses'. If there was a hydraulic leak anywhere downstream then the flow rate went up and the fuse closed shutting off the oil. They were simple mechanical devices with no electrical parts. I just wonder if there is any such thing for oil supply pipes to boilers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back