right angle connection off trv

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am replacing the radiator in the kitchen, The old setup was messy, the pipers were hidden with a big radiator cover that took too much space and didn't allow the heat to circulate properly. The new column radiator will be on show. The pipe from the left (trv) end will need to feed to the right, behind the radiator then into a boxed in section and up to the boiler.

I have bought a corner trv and one of these right angled connections from screwfix, its 1/2 turn off fully tight as I need the pipe going right, not left.

Will this work? does it need a olive inside? or am i better off with a big rubber washer inside between the trv and right angled connection?

I thought this would look better than some bent 8mm pipe, that I guess will be a pain to bend the the circumference required.

Thanks

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 159
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 169
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 166
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 187
Sponsored Links
Using a wall plate elbow as an CH pipe elbow, never seen it used like that. Could it work, yes, guess it could but it would need PTFE to seal it. Use gas tape as it's thicker.
Using a washer could cause issues if it's not impervious to inhibitor and heat cycling.

Certainly a novel way of doing things...I'd have used a soldered 8mm elbow rather than that great big thing

Sponsored Links
I cant solder :0 used compression fittings for other plumbing ive done.
Is this more trouble that its worth?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back