Right or wrong ? Another can of worms.

Sponsored Links
I think he has a point. Closure is important for anyone regardless of circumstance. Unfortunately my money would be on both being dead but there's greater chance of finding a body after three days than there is after 11-12 years.

No thanks.

upload_2019-1-26_14-50-56.png

Sponsored Links
One disappeared without a trace,,the other one disappeared off radar in a defined area,all searched, in an aircraft over cold water with survival time of minutes,in a single engined piston aircraft in an approaching snow storm,with a pilot with v poor experience,with no immersion suit,in the dark,,..And the comparison is?...(No black box,and would sink like a stone)

And the pilot was actually a plumber :eek:
Lol...Indeed!.. Not one for blowing my own trumpet,,but I have a pilot licence,and fek knows what that pilot was thinking of.Apart from "oh s...it in the last few minutes.RIP.

The ocean, like the sky, is a very big place. If there was even the remotest possibility, a 1 in 1million chance of finding those 2 alive, then the RNLI would still be out there.

They haven't actually stopped searching, they've just stopped the immediate search for signs of life with a view to rescue.

The ocean, like the sky, is a very big place. If there was even the remotest possibility, a 1 in 1million chance of finding those 2 alive, then the RNLI would still be out there.

They haven't actually stopped searching, they've just stopped the immediate search for signs of life with a view to rescue.

I think he has a point. Closure is important for anyone regardless of circumstance. Unfortunately my money would be on both being dead but there's greater chance of finding a body after three days than there is after 11-12 years.

The sea temperature this time of year in the English Channel is around 9-12 degrees. Today for example its 10 degrees off of Sandown IoW. Survival without protective clothing, would be around 10 minutes. Without a life jacket, you would be unable to keep yourself afloat after 5 mins. Certainly they would be dead within an hour.

The sea temperature this time of year in the English Channel is around 9-12 degrees. Today for example its 10 degrees off of Sandown IoW. Survival without protective clothing, would be around 10 minutes. Without a life jacket, you would be unable to keep yourself afloat after 5 mins. Certainly they would be dead within an hour.
Indeed,,,thats assuming they exited the aircraft after it went into a nosespin and hit the water at a few knots!One group of people I have the greatest admiration for is the RNLI.

Sponsored Links
Back