Right or wrong ? Another can of worms.

Sponsored Links
Lol...Indeed!.. Not one for blowing my own trumpet,,but I have a pilot licence,and fek knows what that pilot was thinking of.Apart from "oh s...it in the last few minutes.RIP.

Pilots licence -cool!

The pilot said he was a bit rusty with ILS.

An expert was saying it wasnt the most ideal aircraft for flying in the dark, in poor weather over that distance. Only a very experienced pilot would attempt it.

The pilot said he was a bit rusty with ILS.
Not a handicap which got to matter.

An expert was saying it wasnt the most ideal aircraft for flying in the dark, in poor weather over that distance.
One of my very first thoughts when I heard about the disappearance was "A single engine plane? At night? Over water? In winter?" No thank you very much.

Sponsored Links
Not a handicap which got to matter.

One of my very first thoughts when I heard about the disappearance was "A single engine plane? At night? Over water? In winter?" No thank you very much.
Precisely,,and I doubt very much he had an instrument rating to use ILS,,or an ILS equipped aircraft,,,and he was many many miles from using it in Cardiff anyway.

Do these planes have automatic life rafts? I'd have thought an aircraft equiv. of an EPIRB would be required kit?

Do these planes have automatic life rafts? I'd have thought an aircraft equiv. of an EPIRB would be required kit?

Have to consider the chance of surviving an impact into the sea before that's worth thinking about.

Back