Right then..audio!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Seems like a common problem

I have no sound...checked the audio drivers in device manager..everything seems to be there and all drivers are loaded and working properly.

Checked sounds and audio devices in control panel..the name of the sound application is there but the box isnt not highlighted...nor can it be.

Checked system info sound device...its there

Checked run/services msc...that was ok

Also checked audio in the bios...it was set on auto..i changed that to 'enable'

Any suggestions welcome before it goes to the repairer?

Thanks..

Sponsored Links
umm..............turn the speakers on! :LOL:

seiusly check connections to speakers, try uninstall and reininstall
also make sure you havent got a tick in your mute box

umm..............turn the speakers on! :LOL:

seiusly check connections to speakers, try uninstall and reininstall
also make sure you havent got a tick in your mute box

Hmm...I wish it was that simple.. :)

When media player opens all of the songs have an exclamation mark against them and an error box opens saying there is a problem with the sound device or there might not be one installed

Plus..not having the speakers plugged on wouldnt affect the fact that in 'sounds and audio devices' the software is there but not 'active' if you know what I mean.

Error code...C00D11BA

Try re-installing your sound driver. Or see if there is a driver update. What sound card do you have?

Sponsored Links
Cheers for those both..

Reinstalling the drivers isnt going to be easy...I have tried it, on the HP it says I need to install Universal Audio Architecture High Definition audio bus driver from microsoft...however, I have searched the microsoft site and they dont seem to exist.

The sound device is...

Name ASUSTeK LNA Tiger Hybrid Capture Device
Manufacturer ASUSTek
Status OK
PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_1131&DEV_7133&SUBSYS_48711043&REV_D1\4&1AF1648C&0&20F0
Memory Address 0xFDEFE000-0xFDEFE7FF
IRQ Channel IRQ 16
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\3xhybrid.sys (13, 3, 5, 3, 2.70 MB (2,831,232 bytes), 12/28/2006 00:11)

Make of that what you will... :confused:

Cheers for those both..

Reinstalling the drivers isnt going to be easy...I have tried it, on the HP it says I need to install Universal Audio Architecture High Definition audio bus driver from microsoft...however, I have searched the microsoft site and they dont seem to exist.

The sound device is...

Name ASUSTeK LNA Tiger Hybrid Capture Device
Manufacturer ASUSTek
Status OK
PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_1131&DEV_7133&SUBSYS_48711043&REV_D1\4&1AF1648C&0&20F0
Memory Address 0xFDEFE000-0xFDEFE7FF
IRQ Channel IRQ 16
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\3xhybrid.sys (13, 3, 5, 3, 2.70 MB (2,831,232 bytes), 12/28/2006 00:11)

Make of that what you will... :confused:

Sponsored Links
Back