Ring doorbell pro

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone installed the Ring doorbell PRO version and do they recommend it? What are the downsides compare to other small doorbells? I'm fed up waiting for the Fibaro zwave version.

As I don't have an existing hardwired doorbell as we are renovating a house could someone please tell me what type of wiring I would need and the transformer to power two or possibly three Bell sounders as we have a larger than average house?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
What are the downsides compare to other small doorbells?
Costs 20x more, requires smartphone and WiFi to operate, only makes a sound in the street outside, relies on the manufacturers website services to function, likely to be obsolete within a year, probably easily hackable and a security risk.

to power two or possibly three Bell sounders
That's not the point of it - you are supposed to use your phone as the alert device, and carry your phone about with you at all times in the house and elsewhere.
Then you can answer the door anywhere in the house, while driving to work, when in Australia on holiday etc.

Has anyone installed the Ring doorbell PRO version and do they recommend it? What are the downsides compare to other small doorbells? I'm fed up waiting for the Fibaro zwave version.

As I don't have an existing hardwired doorbell as we are renovating a house could someone please tell me what type of wiring I would need and the transformer to power two or possibly three Bell sounders as we have a larger than average house?

Thanks

Sorry my iPhone auto corrected. The sentence should have read "what are the downsides compared with other SMART door bells".

I'm getting one anyway since it will operate like a normal one and I want the ability to see and know who is approachonf my door when I'm not there.

Sounds like you're anti anything new or home automated?

Sponsored Links

Thanks

Yeah I think it's good. Pro is wired only and no battery operation option. Be wary that you may struggle to get a decent signal from the router depending on distance but you can get a wireless plug chime that also acts as a booster. Costly but really good. After 1 month you will need to subscribe at £24.99 per year to access videos created by doorbell rings or motion sensor alerts

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back