Ring extension

teecee90 said:
Thanks for the response.

If I put in a 13A fused spur instead, presumably it doesn't matter if I have more than one double socket on the spur?

If you add a 13A Fused spur to the ring then you could add a couple of double sockets to it, but I would not go beyond two extra points.

I would make the spur part of the ring if possible, rather than a spur from the ring, if you do it as a spur from the ring, I would only add 1 additional point.

Sponsored Links
securespark said:
The JB is accessible. all you have to do is lift carpet & short board - can always label board (JB UNDER HERE!!!!!!)
Well,my JB was accessible until I put down laminated flooring !!!!!! :cry:

Sponsored Links
that's not quite right, you could say that he has "everything covered" (laminate floor ......covered.....oh well)

Not being funny, but 99% of houses I've been in have had an access hatch somewhere. And I'm a BTFB (Big Tall Fat B*****d!!)...If I can get down, anyone can. Only ever had 1 house where I couldn't get under. Minimum gap for me between floor and joist is 18", but that's tight, and I always go under with mobile - you never know when you're gonna get stuck.

Funny story. My mate got stuck (plumber) in customers house under floor. Rang Fire Brigade - broke front door completely down, and when the old dear arrived home, they were hacking up the lounge floor with a chain saw!!

Coronary time!!

Hey Secure..it would appear we may be more similar than we realised.

I'm 6ft 4", 18st 8Ib...although I'm only about a stone overweight..the perils of being a desk pilot!

FWL_Engineer said:
I'm 6ft 4", 18st 8Ib...although I'm only about a stone overweight.
Whaaaaat!,how many time have I heard this,you're at least 3 stones overweight :LOL:

Oh er em,I just weighed myself,I should be at least 7ft 8" tall :oops: :LOL: :LOL:

Wanted : a good reliable stretching machine,must be able to fit a 7ft 8" person :)

FWL_Engineer said:
Hey Secure..it would appear we may be more similar than we realised.

I'm 6ft 4", 18st 8Ib...although I'm only about a stone overweight..the perils of being a desk pilot!

Just worked out what the FWL stands for :

F****** Wide Load, only a guess....

But just in case.....I think I'm kicking in at 15-16st @ 6ft, dunno why they call me Slim in work, I'm sure thats discrimation in the work place.....

On a 13a fused spur, you may feed unlimited sockets, within the 100 sq metre floor area, as the FCU limits the total load to 13a and no more.

FWL I'm 6' 1" and 19.......stone, that is...

And my BMI is in the morbidly obese sector of the chart, according to my quack.

The charts say I should be 15 stone. No way.... even when I was a really fit 16 yo I wasn't 15 stone!!

It's all rowlocks!

AND the life insurance co has loaded my premium as I'm more likely to drop dead than if I were 15 stone. I'm paying 10 quid more per month than my missus and her payout figure is index linked mine is capped at 200K, so I'm being got two ways cheeky gets!!!

That BMI is a bit cr*p......Its saying I should be about 12st 7lb......Are they trying to kill me, the amount of fast food establishments that would go bust if I tried to get to that........

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back