Ring Main - Does this sound ok please ?

A radial generally has more than one outlet.
Where do this thoughts come from, Winston? Is it drugs with you or just guesswork?

A simple examples of Radial circuits.

Immersion heater = one outlet
Cooker circuit = one outlet
Shower circuit - one outlet

By your definition none of these circuits are radials. They certainly are not ring final circuits. What would you call a circuit that has one cable leaving the the consumer unit and only goes to one place then? A rad, an ial??

:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
A radial generally has more than one outlet.
Where do this thoughts come from, Winston? Is it drugs with you or just guesswork?
Agreed - winston's comment is just not correct. Indeed, in the majority of domestic properties, the great majority of radial circuits (other than lighting circuits), such as you go on to mention, have only one 'outlet'.

However, this does not alter what I said in my previous post. I don't think there is any reason for concern about one (or more) 2.5mm² 'spurs', each supplying just one socket, from a 32A (ring or radial) circuit originating at the CU - it's no different from (actually, electrically, a little 'better' than) 2.5mm² 'spurs' originating anywhere else in the circuit.

Kind Regards, John

Thanks for all the replies. For the short term I have made a new extension lead using a double outlet socket and thick cable which is running from one socket of the existing double outlet, the fridge and freezer are both running. In a couple of weeks I will get an electrician to put a new dedicated circuit in for the garage, Thanks again.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back