Ring or Radial What would you suggest.

Now can anyone please explain clearly in plain english what constitues High Integrity earthing, please!!!!
Read through the topic link provided by Johnmelad502.

Reflect on the fact that all those who argued that simply connecting a single ring cpc to 2 terminals in a socket rather than providing 2 cpcs would comply were engaging in anything but a plain English interpretation of the regulations.

The trouble with plain English is that once people have established a history of doing something incorrectly they would rather turn themselves inside out with their twisting and wriggling rather than simply read simple plain English if the latter approach shows that they've been getting it wrong.

Sponsored Links
WOW.. I thought it would be a simple Job I could do myself, but it appears not, I will let the boss sort out a Spark and get the job done by a properly Qualified, Competent, and insured SPARK. I thought a simple ring from the CU using 2.5 T&E would have sufficed. Thanks for your advice guys, even though it was WAY ABOVE me.
Cheers
Jim

Even a simple ring which you could have done yourself would have had all sorts of certification and liability and duty of care issues which would mean that your employer would have had to use a qualified electrician.

Basically if you run a business you cannot allow unqualified members of staff to do electrical installation work.

Still, credit to the OP for making the right choice. There are some occasions where it is just not practical to carry out certain works yourself, and many people don't take well to being told this, so well done you for not becoming abusive about it. :D

Sponsored Links
Hi Guys, I would never dream of being abusive to anyone for being honest and truthful, I am not Qualified to do this job and although I know I could do it, I would never put anyone (public or employee )at unnecessary risk by doing it when it must be certified. I have informed my boss and show him all your replies, and he agrees it will be done by a Qualified Expert and certified. Many Thanks for all your replies and very informative they were, even though the were miles above my head.
Many Regards and Thanks :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back