Ring or Radial What would you suggest.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wish to install 10 double 13amp sockets mounted on PVC trunking, Would you suggest Ring or Radial circuit, they are all mounted within two 3 meter lengths of trunking joined together (6 meters) using 2.5 T&E cable. The sockets will run up to 20 televisions on display in a shop. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Regards
Jim

Sponsored Links
My advice would be to get someone who has the necessary competence and insurance, and the use of whom will ensure that the owner of the shop fulfils his duties as an employer under Health & Safety legislation, and his duty of care to members of the public who come into the shop.

You can't choose the cable size without knowing the load. what is the power consumption of the television?

I'd also be thinking about high integrity earthing, what with a lot of new LCDs and Plasmas being fitted with IEC C16 inlets with an earth connection. If you don't know anything about high integrity earthing and don't have a copy of BS7671 to look it up, I've got to be honest and say you probably don't have any business doing this work.

Sponsored Links
[pricks up ears]

Hang on:

RF circuit?

HIE?

Ding, ding, round one anyone?

[/pricks up ears]

I'd also be thinking about high integrity earthing, what with a lot of new LCDs and Plasmas being fitted with IEC C16 inlets with an earth connection.

hummm c16's, whats the total loading for 20 tvs?

P4190001s.jpg

Light touchpaper...

Yeah, we all know a RF with each CPC in a separate earth terminal at the accessory constitutes a high integrity earth.

...and stand back.

:LOL:

Now can anyone please explain clearly in plain english what constitues High Integrity earthing, please!!!! I think I may well need it for an up coming foot spa installation with built in LCD TV linked to an office PC network................................

Now can anyone please explain clearly in plain english what constitues High Integrity earthing, please!!!!

It means an earthing arrangement with a high degree of mechanical & electrical integrity, provided by permanent connection, more robust sockets, earth monitoring, or two protective conductors terminated independently at every point of the circuit. That's in English, isn't it? See page 133/4 of BS 7671

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back