Rings and spurs

So where have i said anything that says i dont know what a ring is or how to wire up a FCU or how it works.
2nd one first - I owe you an abject apology.

I read your post as saying you thought than an FCU directly on the ring would blow if the current in the ring exceeded 13A.

No idea why - what you wrote was quite clear. I really am very sorry.

As for the ring, questioning the accepted concept of one is nonsense. It's either a ring or it is not - you might as well say that you want to challenge the accepted concept of what a square is. If you add a loop of cable at one of the sockets on the ring you have not extended it, you have turned it into something which is not a ring, and that is immutable topological fact, not an alternative concept of what a ring is.

Sponsored Links
Didn't mean to seem to be stirring up the multi socket question, all I've ever used in MK 3 w and as you know they have a 13 amp fuse !

I read your post as saying you thought than an FCU directly on the ring would blow if the current in the ring exceeded 13A.

It wasn't that clear. I read it exactly the same way as you. Of course, it may be that you are employing a touch of irony now!

Sponsored Links
Didn't mean to seem to be stirring up the multi socket question, all I've ever used in MK 3 w and as you know they have a 13 amp fuse !
You wasn't, it was me that was really question myself, I like I said I had spotted something about unfused spurring multiple sockets.
But I do agree with your concept, that it should be a single or double or a single item of equipment, that is run of a unfused spur.

So where have i said anything that says i dont know what a ring is or how to wire up a FCU or how it works.
2nd one first - I owe you an abject apology.

As for the ring, questioning the accepted concept of one is nonsense. It's either a ring or it is not - you might as well say that you want to challenge the accepted concept of what a square is. If you add a loop of cable at one of the sockets on the ring you have not extended it, you have turned it into something which is not a ring, and that is immutable topological fact, not an alternative concept of what a ring is.

BAS I will accept your apology as geniune and without irony as mentioned by Risteard . The problem with writing a question iis it is often open to interpretation, I also accept your point about a ring is a ring with hindsight i should not have mentioned the ring and just asked is this configuration acceptable, whatever its called, perhaps a helix circuit

Anyway i now have my answers and i can sleep. or at least i can until the next question springs up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back