Rip off again

L

longdogs

My partner recently ordered a couple of tops on-line from a well known clothing company. I won't say who they are but they are not called the Black Company. She had already bought one of these tops in store and liked it so when she saw them advertised at a reduced price on-line she ordered another two. She made a point of checking that the material, colour and style was exactly the same as the one she had bought.

Got delivered today, right style, wrong colour and, unbelievably, made from a much, much thinner material even though the label says the same.

Cheaper price but less quality.

Has anyone else been ripped off by on-line deals from well known companies?

Sponsored Links
Did it occur to you that the first top may be higher quality than it should be, and so she actually got a bargain?

Sponsored Links
Must admit that it is a bit odd that they can sell an item using different material specifications and yet claim that it is the identical barcode. One would have thought that they would use the same manufacturer/supplier for their shop and online retail outlets. Maybe they are unaware that these batches are different and need to be advised. So, with respect, it seems a little early to claim that the situation is a rip off - they may well be acting in good faith.

Must admit that it is a bit odd that they can sell an item using different material specifications and yet claim that it is the identical barcode. One would have thought that they would use the same manufacturer/supplier for their shop and online retail outlets. Maybe they are unaware that these batches are different and need to be advised. So, with respect, it seems a little early to claim that the situation is a rip off - they may well be acting in good faith.
That's soft coming from a Manc - do it the Southern way. Send it back with a polite note saying change it or else I'll get Trading Standards involved or, failing that, I'll send in MM :LOL:

Nice one Gasman - you got yourself reported!

Maybe the website you used wasn't the shops official site, maybe the site looked genuine, but the web address was slightly different from the proper one? Double check, as you may have had your credit card ripped off if that's the case?

Sponsored Links
Back