rip off gas safe engineer on pcb ???????? help please

i have seen it happen but their was wire inside the boiler touching the case and those triping the system but pcb fuse blew i replaced the fuse and changed the wiring harness on the fan on baxi solo

Sponsored Links
Surely you need a sparks rather than a gas fitter, also an RCD [if fitted] and circuit breakers in the mains circuit board are likely to be more sensitive to an earth leak than the cartridge fuse in the spur

did he carry out electrical safety checks ie short circuit resistance to earth? these pcbs are good as gold so i would not fit a new one yet.
isolate electics go from neutral to live you need at least 20 ohms go from earth to live you need at least 2meg ohms, if these are ok its not the boiler, go to pump again live to neutral above 20 ohms the same with the motorised valves.
if these pass its probably your electrics possibly sensitive rcd
hope this helps

Sponsored Links
RRP is about 120.00+vat, but I would have to disagree on these boards being reliable, although I don't think it is very likely to be the faulty component in this case I fit more of these boards than any other now that most suprimas have been changed.

The OPs boiler has change from a prima to a suprima somewhere in this thread :confused:

Most likely cause of your problem is an external fault.

Prima/Profile pcb's are one of the more common we've changed, if not number 1.
Saying they're "Very reliable" is a joke. Half a dozen years is about average. They nearly always fail in one of 3 ways - I've drawn out the circuit and examined failed boards.

But it's VERY unlikely that the pcb would take out a fuse. That's far more likely to be water in the motorised valve or pump electrics.
If it's an Earth trip that's going (RCD) then other things like the fan, or even the room thermostat (wet walpaper paste!) come in to question. A boiler engr would find that in moinutes, if it always does it.

Why do people who haven't a clue about the boiler bother to post in threads like this?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back