Ripped vinyl - how to make good/mend

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi! I have a high chair that has a number of rips and tears on the cushion area where my son sits. The cushion is constructed in layers, with the top being vinyl (wipe clean) and the layer beneath being polyester. What I was wondering is if it is possible to repair the holes using glue by sticking the vinyl to the polyester and the tears by running a continuous line of glue over them effectively sealing them. The glue will need to to sit proud of the surface rather than run unto the joint so I imagine it will need to be fairly viscose Does anyone know of such a glue that would do the job? Or perhaps there is some other way of doing it that I haven't thought about?
I've put a picture in my albums area to show what I'm talking about, although its not brilliant because it's hard to close up shots with my camera

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You can get vinyl adhesive , but if the seat is removable it's better to replace vinyl cover.

Hi! Thanks for replying so quickly, sorry I wasn't so quick in thanking you! I've been busy trying to decorate a bedroom for my son in anticipation of a new arrival. The new arrival came quicker than expected and since then everything been up in the air!
It just so happens that I've bought some glue that's suitable for vinyl but I wasn't sure if it had the properties I mentioned, ie, drying proud of the surface. Can anyone confirm this for me. The glue I bought was from Wilkinson's and it's for soft plastic.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back