Risco Agility 3 Follow Me suddenl stopped working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
system worked fine until a few weeks ago. Nothing has been changed in system. GSM module with FM on SMS and voice. App still notifies but no SMS or voice. Test mode will not function either. SIM card is fine/ Any suggestions?

Australia

Sponsored Links
Don't know what the setup is that you have.

1. GSM for voice and sms ? this is not working?
2. ip module for app use? This is working?

How do you know the sim is in credit/ active?
what is the gsm signal strength?
You should be aware that Risco will be charging for the Cloud connection on an annual basis.

1. you are a total legend - thanks for any help...
2. gsm for voice and sms. Now not working. test - nothing. alarms - nothing. Worked until a few weeks ago - would get both sms and voice on alarm notification.
(No Ip module as lighting fried the IP so disconnected the Ip module].

So app notifications via gsm - they work fine but if after hours, who monitors app notifications? [and Apple won't allow app bypass on DND!]

3. checked the sim credit, all good.
4. signal strength 4 bars (strong)
5. Cloud connection charge???? WTF? I have never heard of this???

If your panel has been in a while you probably wont have to pay anything until 2021.

Risco announced it a little while back and gave notice that they are going to charge.

So GPRS working only and not voice and sms?
GPRS only working would suggest that voice/ sms have been turned off, this isn't something that can be done accidently.

Has you sim been changed to data only when did the IP module get fried and when did you notice sms and voice had stopped?

Sponsored Links
wow. love [not] that they charge above market for devices and then later add on a charge for connection. False advertising I'd say
anyway... thanks again for your experience.
So - GPS only on SIM. App shows notifications to all users but no sms or voice call. IP module fried about a year ago, so I don't think that's the issue. It's like Risco has cut off FM. Even on Risco Cloud, you can only add email notifications now - no phone numbers? It seems that all has changed when Risco did an app update - nothing has been altered on SIM or system.

the follow me for voice and sms can be programmed from the panel.

Risco dont sell direct to installers in the UK, cloud services cost money to run, all the companies are going to be doing it before too long.

thanks - I did program from the panel and it worked for a long time. Just cannot figure out why it suddenly stopped?

I cant do things telepathically unfortunately.

Check your programming, do a test and see what happens, cant do any more than that.
If the programming is correct and the sim is okay then equipment failure could be the cause but cant say that with any degree of certainty without information on whats been looked at.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back