Risco Media Loss - Com. Module PSTN

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a risco Lightsys alarm. recently we have removed our phone line. Alarm now comes up with a fault as in the heading - Media Loss - Com. Module PSTN
I know the installer code and have been going through the options however i cannot see one for the PSTN module. The Alarm was configured to call if it was to go off.
I would be happy to arm the alarm with the fault if thats an option.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks @secureiam - done that. The problem is when i go into the programming menu as i scroll through number 5 - communications is missing.

1 system
2 zones
3 outputs
4 codes
6 Audio
7 Install
8 Devices
0 Exit

If the menu is missing, that’s usually inducative of not having the right level of access.

Lots of risco products have two levels of engineers codes.

The manual should state if these restrictions exist,
Also some of there systems auto detect modules and only provide menus accordingly.

To go forward take pictures of the pcb and any add a ons. Depending on the version you have things maybe slightly different.

Dont see many pstn systems anymore as they have been pulling the plug for many years on pstn.

With the versions and pictures should be able to get to the bottom of things.

Sponsored Links
Thanks @secureiam. I am far from an alarm engineer. Will the alarm go off if i take of the panel cover? If so Is there somewhere where i would disable this?

Hoping these pictures help.
If there is an option to arm despite the PSTN fault i am also ok with this.

Thank you!

1709549296851.png
1709549453611.png
1709549374941.png

Down power unplug the pstn power back up.

The fact it’s not on the list though in the menus suggests it’s not available anyway

Thank you. Powered down the unit. Unplugged the battery backup. Alarm went off! Unplugged pstn module after googling what it looks like. Powered back up. Turned off the alarm. I am now able to arm my alarm system. Thank you. I'm sure it does need some professional tweaks at so e point however for now I am good.

Thanks for your assistance and direction.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back