Which Wired Alarm with PSTN Dialler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've already put in 8 core alarm cable around the house, I was going to get an alarm fitter to put one in, I have a quote for a Honeywell G2 which seemed quite expensive, but I think I can do it myself.

I want a wired kit with a PSTN dialler, i'm not that fussed about key fobs (wouldn't say no to them) or any smart functionality, I'd prefer to keep it simple and something that's less likely to get compromised.

My requirements are:
  • 6 PIRs
  • 1 magnetic contact
  • a bell box with flashing LEDs so that passers by can see there is an active alarm
  • PSTN voice dialler
  • PINs with multiple levels of access (I can give a separate pin code to a tradesman or neighbour)
  • the keypad should have an alphanumeric display rather than just simple LEDs
  • I should be able to get hold of the installation/"engineer's" manual
Nice to haves but not essential
  • ability to expand with wireless sensors
  • key fobs

I've seen people recommend a Texecom Premier Elite, but I'm not sure if it comes with or I can attach a PSTN dialler?

I'd be grateful for your suggestions.

Sponsored Links
You can fit a dialler to any system, I'd recommend the Texecom Premier Elite system with a seperate Texecom Speech/Speech & Text PSTN dialler.

Any Texecom elite panel can accommodate your requirements, 24,48,88 etc... 12-W, 24,-W, 48-W are wireless panels with 4 hardwired inputs plus 2 for each keypad connected.

Keyfobs - if Prox keypad fitted.
Wireless - if a ricochet expander fitted.
Hardwired expansion - via expanders.
PINs with custom access and functions.
Keypads with LCD display, large LCD, blue LCD, Flush mount, etc....
Manuals are very easy to come by and come on a CD with the panel itself.
Any Siren that takes your fancy can be fitted, the Pyronix deltabell is popular, but once again I would recommend the Texecom Odyssey X range.

Downside is that the programming can be complex for a first time user, a Pyronix Euro range panel will do the same as a Texecom but can be a bit more easy to set up, imo the quality is not as good as the Texecom products.

Gardtec 600 will do what you require. Neat Keypad and has vo comm to dial phones etc.

Galaxy G2-12 with CP038 prox keypad (£70), Texecom siren (£35) and 12v 7Ah battery (£18). PIR's are about £8 each. Any 12v dialer will work. Again programming can be a bit of a pain for the novice, but plenty of advice and help here.

So, spending around £200 for the above installing yourself, or paying someone an additional £200-300 to fit for you.

Sponsored Links
Thank you all and apologies for taking a while to reply back.

I went with the Texecom Premier Elite 24, it seemed a little more diy friendly, manuals were easy to get hold of, plus with the USB cable it seemed like there was more for me to play around with!

I've ordered it but haven't installed it yet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back