Alarm dialler/texecom connect

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We currently have a Honeywell dialler on our texecom premier elite alarm. After a couple of fault issues over the past few days causing alarms and the dialler to ring out I have realised that I am no longer able to cancel the dialler from my iPhone. The dialler rings round the numbers programmed constantly and due to the * key on the iPhone not being able to be pressed for more than one second the dialler cannot be turned off. It’s been a pain so it needs changing.

I have been looking at getting a texecom dialler however it is around 85quid for one. Texecom connect appears to be cheaper so I was wondering what people would suggest us getting. I am aware that connect runs off the internet so it could risk not alerting us of alarms but on the other hand so could the phone line being down. I also don’t know whether it would be worth looking at getting a gsm dialler but we have the phone line hidden to the alarm panel so it seems a waste.

On the other hand I don’t know whether to splash out and just get both the dialler and the connect.

We have a panel running on v4. What do I actually need to DIY install the connect other than the texecom connect smartcom. Do I need a usb com also and wintex or can it just be done with the smartcom? Is the software needed available with a texecom account online (which I have).

Cheers in advance

Sponsored Links
You could also install a comm 2400 module ,this could be set up to send sms text alerts to your mobile phone.you would have to use a tap service for the text messages and this could cost approx 50 pence per text.
All diallers and internet devices come with the risk of the notification not being sent.

You just need the smart comm all the programming can be done from the keypad , as long as you have the engineer code

Sponsored Links
how to connect autodialer to firealarm panel?
what is wires colors used?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back