Texecom Excel Dialler Entry/Exit zone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just installed a Texecom Excel panel and speech dialler in my house. Several of the internal doors have reed switches fitted and are on a circuit designated Entry/Exit so that we can set/reset the alarm at night and in the morning, passing through two of the doors on our way up or down stairs.
The problem is that the alarm panel does not trigger the dialler when the alarm is set off by the Entry/Exit circuit. The other zones trigger the dialler normally.
I have spoken to Texecom and the chap told me that I needed to use the Switch Positive connection but sadly I could not make any more sense of what he was saying than I can of the instructions in the manual. I'm not sure whether I need some rewiring or if it's just the settings on the panel.
Can anyone help me please.

Sponsored Links
I have just installed a Texecom Excel panel and speech dialler in my house. Several of the internal doors have reed switches fitted and are on a circuit designated Entry/Exit so that we can set/reset the alarm at night and in the morning, passing through two of the doors on our way up or down stairs.
The problem is that the alarm panel does not trigger the dialler when the alarm is set off by the Entry/Exit circuit. The other zones trigger the dialler normally.
I have spoken to Texecom and the chap told me that I needed to use the Switch Positive connection but sadly I could not make any more sense of what he was saying than I can of the instructions in the manual. I'm not sure whether I need some rewiring or if it's just the settings on the panel.
Can anyone help me please.
You might need to rewire with a postive power source

Do you mean when the entry door is opened the dialler does not call?

Perfectly correct.

Or when the timer expires it does not?

Why have so many on entry anyway?

Should have put a keypad upstairs from the sound of it.

But please clarify what exactly is happening and what you want to achieve.

Thanks for the responses, I appreciate the comments about an upstairs keypad. All downstairs doors are on one loop with reed switches which were built in when the house was rebuilt 25 years ago and are treated as a single Entry/Exit zone. Everything worked fine with the previous system.
My problem with the Excel panel is that when the 30 second entry period expires if the system is not reset, the alarm will go off but it will not trigger the dialler. As I said in the original post, the dialler works fine with the other zones. It was clear from what the Texecom guy said that it was an easy fix but couldn't explain it to me.

Sponsored Links
Is EN standard invoked?
This adds another 30 second delay?

is it internals only on pat set? IE your using the bell trigger to trip the dialler?

That will do to start with.

By EN standard, I assume you are referring to what my manual describes as EN50131-1 Requirements. This is set to ‘off’ (Factory setting).
We don’t use part set mode at all. When the alarm is on it is always fully set.
The wiring between the panel and dialler provides for 4 triggers, Fire, PA, Intruder and Set/Unset. I originally wired up all 4 but then found that the dialler was calling out every time the alarm was set so I disconnected the Set/Unset. I am only using the intruder bit so the others could probably be disconnected but that’s another matter.
One thing that is set ‘on’ as a factory setting is ‘Enable 90 second abort time limit’ (whatever that might be).
You’re right in that I want the bell to trigger the dialler whenever an intruder enters any of the zones.
My problem is that the Entry/Exit zone is not treated like the other intruder zones as far as the dialler is concerned.

Using the SW+ could call you when the entry exit is used. So Texecom were correct.
You could invert it to a negative and programme as Entry/Exit, then every time the doors were used you would get a call.
Even more expensive than SET/UNSET.

I fail to see why you would want this.

Your problem is every alarm system does the standard and ignores the entry exit on any comms device as standard.

Only reason I can think you want this is wandering children or older persons.

Thanks for the above. We treat the Entry/Exit as just another zone except that it allows us to set/unset the alarm when we leave the premises or go to bed. But we need it to trigger both the bell and the dialler if there is an intruder when the alarm is set (ignoring the 30 seconds for leaving time).
What exactly do I need to do to use the SW+ facility.

I should say that we fit into the older and possibly wandering persons category! I was interested in your quotation about the lottery of life – I wonder what the author would say if he were here today.

Probably not too impressed, however the quote as explained before is meant to express the pride of being English, not the shambles this country is becoming.

Back to your issue.

Do you really want bells and comms when the door is opened?

Okay ignore SW+
Page 28 on the manual is what you want.
Option 23 This will turn the entry exit zones into GUARD zones when you use PART SET 1 rather than full setting as your doing now.
Also turn off the abort timer.

So set at night with PART SET and the panel this is the default I think so just give it a try.
But it will mean the comms and sounders will ring every morning!!!

Have tried your suggestion of part set, it works OK on setting, leaving 30 seconds to exit, but as you suggested on entry there is no time delay and the bell and dialler are triggered immediately.
Would it solve my problem if I connected the Bell (B) terminal on the SAB connector block on the panel, directly to ‘Trigger Input’ 3 on the dialler. This way the dialler would call out everytime the bell was activated, which is what I want. This seems a bit like brute force and I’m sure there’s a better way. I will wait awhile to see if there are any better suggestions before I open the box again.

SW+ it is then, forget part set. Just full set.
Program SW+ as 08 Entry exit and link to a spare channel on the dialler.

Leave everything else as it is.
On intruder you will get the normal message and bells.

On entry exit you will get message 3 and no bells.

But every time a door is opened it will dial.

Alternately you could ignore the dialler and put the zones on chime. So a local internal noise is generated.

OK thanks. I'll give that a try tomorrow. Best not to wake the neighbours tonight!

Have tried connecting the dialler to the SW+ connection, with SW+ selected on code 08 as suggested. The dialler was triggered immediately I pressed the Full Set key. This led me to check what was actually happening on the SW+ terminal. In the Unset position it is at zero volts. When the Set key is pressed it goes to 12v and at the end of the 30 second delay time it drops to 0 again. As soon as one of doors on Entry/Exit is opened the voltage again goes to 12v.
I have now connected terminal 1 on the dialler(notionally for the fire alarm) to the Bell terminal on the main panel and it appears to do what I want. Many thanks for your help & suggestions.

Ahh it jumps about then.
Sorry I was close, used to logic sequences.
Excel is a tad behind the better stuff but ahead of the lower.

Anyway, glad to assist.

Thanks for the feedback, now others can see this if they need the same.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back