• drain.JPG
    drain.JPG
    368.7 KB · Views: 111
Upper region steps

Attachments

• uppersteps.JPG
    uppersteps.JPG
    473.6 KB · Views: 74
Heres a sketch of where this all relates to the damp.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    287.8 KB · Views: 109
Yup. Looking at all of that.... You need some kind of slot drainage around the edge.

Water is entering down the edge of the building and thru the render. It can't escape anywhere because the render is trapping it. And it's causing your damage.

Could be broken drains but I'd say it'd unlikely.

Also I see dark marks on your walls. Could your gutters be leaking? Which will end with more water entering.

You need some kind of French drain to stop water entering thru the wall. But the more I think about it I think your guttering is leaking...

Guttering?
You realise that the extension is single story, with a patio above, draining through through the nearest downpipe in gerneral view.

Were in Kendal, we get a lot of rain, I dont think the black marks on outside walls mean a lot.

Adsy, I see your slot drain example.
You think it's surface water causing the problem?
What about the moisture in the ground under the paving that's above floor level, and right up against the wall?
Can you tell from that picture of the visible dpc how its supposed to be along the side of the building?

Just popping out so will look better later.. But that dpc is useless when you have soil that high against the wall. Which is why you need to decrease ground level which isn't exactly easy for you... Or improve. Drainage to stop the water even getting there in the first place. If this was an old old house I'd say lime plaster to aid evaporation....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back