Rising main installation

TPS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to install a temporary feed through a concrete floor for a rising main to the kitchen, in readiness for the water board to connect to in the future, as I am fitting a kitchen. Can I do this? If so, how deep do I need to take the pipe and how much slack should I leave outside the property?

Sponsored Links
You need to ask your water company about this, since each will have their own requirements.

The water Board have to approve a number of requirements and you need to work in conjuction with them or they don't connect it.
There is a need for 100mm ducting and possibly insulation from where pipe enters property at 750 mm below ground level to where it exits in kitchen (or other room) ground level of kitchen, garden/yard and outside your property may all be different. I'm doing one at the moment, kitchen floor is higher than yard floor by 200mm. Outside boundary is 250 mm lower than yard so the 750 mm becomes 1000 mm at that end of trench.
My plastic pipe is in danger of damage from cinders/clinker, there being no soft soil. so 40 mm ducting is being laid along the whole length.
I would think you could put the 100 mm ducting in place so you would not need to disturb the kitchen too much at a later stage. You'll need a 90 degree bend and some straight pipe.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your info. I thought I'd need to contact the WB, hopefully they will be quick in responding. However, another question......... my kitchen is below ground level as it's an old cottage which has a drive going up the side which is higher than the ground level to kitchen floor. I'm going to dig a trench and back fill with gravel for soak away, but does this mean I'll need to go 750mm below this with my ducting?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back