Rivet help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Two questions please...

I managed to break a clip on our buggy. The clip is still attached with a nut
View media item 29920
1) How do I remove this nut/broken clip without negatively affecting anything else?

2) What tool(s) do i need to fit the new clip with the provided rivet/nut

View media item 29921
Am confused as I didn't think blind rivets had nuts?

Should say I've already tried using nose pliers on nut, and its just rotating with no obvious change.
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
it looks like they have riveted the nut on, mole grips may rip it off, or you may have to drill it out, then you will need a rivet gun to replace it

Thanks for reply - was starting to think a drill was needed.

re putting new one back on, would a standard rivet gun work?

Thanks

yes just put the rivet through the nut then the rivet in the hole
p4758124_x.jpg

Sponsored Links
A "nice man" at the local garage might help, if you have not got such equipment.
Its a moments job.

A "nice man" at the local garage might help, if you have not got such equipment.
Its a moments job.

you have got to be joking, his tools are his living. it makes mad when people say things like that :evil:

my jeep is a low on fuel can i have your car for a few days :LOL:

to ask how much to fix this is ok. to buy the tool is better as it will be there when you need it again.

Some years ago, I wanted some 10mm copper pipe bending into a U shape. I asked at a local plumbing suppliers if they could do it. The best they could offer was to sell me a pipe bender for £25. Tight bar stewards. ;) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back