Vevor Air compressor missing nut unknown part request

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,
I have a vevor750 35L oil free air compressor.
Unfortunately a nut appears to have fallen off the back of the compressor and a black switch module has I believe fallen off the back of the unit.
Please can you advise what the black module is for and where or how it should be attached to the compressor.
I believe it is some sort of sensor switch that turns off the pump when the compressor reaches pressure.
It appears to slide onto the threaded tube and it has a threaded end that may secure it in position with a nut
Is there a particular nut or fastener available that should be utilised to resecure the unit.
I have slid it back onto the tube and secured it temporarily with a nut. But obviously I do not want to break the compressor or cause an explosion.
On starting up the compressor with the black module on the tube the compressor did switch off when reaching the pressure switch off point and a red light illuminated on the module.
If anyone can help I would be very grateful
Many thanks for your assistance in advance
Regards

Glenn Spray

Attachments

• IMG_20231023_153653~2.jpg
    IMG_20231023_153653~2.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20231023_153653.jpg
    IMG_20231023_153653.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20231023_154646.jpg
    IMG_20231023_154646.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 71
Sponsored Links
It's a solenoid, though I am not sure where you might get the nut - it's quite thin one, with a fine thread.

It's not crucial, just fit any nut which fits the thread. Try one of those nuts, which they use on old type volume controls/potentiometers.

Most nuts and bolts are metric now, measure the diameter of the spindle. If it is, for exa ple, about 8mm, you want an M8 nut. Get Nyloc nuts which will not come loose from vibration.

I don't know about metric fine threads. If you think it is a fine thread, count the number of threads (to find pitch) as well as the diameter, and goggle "metric fine thread"

Might be on here

Last edited:
Arent they made in the USA, therefore unlikely to be metric thread.

Sponsored Links
Most nuts and bolts are metric now, measure the diameter of the spindle. If it is, for exa ple, about 8mm, you want an M8 nut. Get Nyloc nuts which will not come loose from vibration.

A nyloc nut will not help, the nut has only a couple of turns to go onto the thread.

Hi all, thanks for everyone's help it is very much appreciated.
I did try multiple nuts but all did not thread on correctly.
The technical depth I emailed earlier was a .com address a I believe they are an American company so the thread will probably be imperial as suggested.
So if I am understanding it correctly this is a solenoid that cuts the motor power. So is a powered close?. or is it a powered open just future reference.
Thanks once again for all replies it is very much appreciated.
Regards
Glenn

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I believe they are an American company so the thread will probably be imperial as suggested.

Americans invented UNF and UNC so they could pretend they weren't using Whitworth.

Almost exactly the same, but not quite.

Your camera has one, made loose so either will fit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back