Road toll money may be used to cut council tax....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
... Instead of cutting fuel and road taxes.. All roads recommended to be subject to 'pricing'..

Revenue neutral?

Yeah right !!

:( :(

Sponsored Links
Also, ministers considering a £15 fuel levy on the "well off" in order to assist the "less well off"

A choirboy tied "himself" to a bell rope .....The vicar came in and tolled him off :eek:

time to make a stand and demand the same price fuel as america THE AA AND RAC SHOULD GET the motorists to lobby goverment and topple them if neeed be

Sponsored Links
Really annoys me the ay they keep hiking petrol prices. Being disabled I rely on my car more than most as I can't walk very far and certainly can't make it the mile to the local bus stop to get my free bus travel :rolleyes: :LOL:

All these price rises are making me virtually housebound, so thanks Mr Brown and Mr Blair, yet another success in your campaign for equality for all :p

Brightness said:
so thanks Mr Brown and Mr Blair, yet another success in your campaign for equality for all :p
I think they will be in for a massive shock at the next local election but then what do they care when they already lined their own pocket with golden pension etc

Yes Masona, exactly. It seems that most politicians only care about themselves and what they can earn. Look at Prescott, telling everyone to use public transport and owning two jags - says it all :rolleyes:

Used to be that Labour was the party for the average working class family. I personally wouldn't spit on any of them if they were on fire :evil:

It really makes me laugh when they say they can't make fuel prices any cheaper as they are having to pay more at source - what if the govt reduced the levies it imposes on fuel? I don't think any other govt in the World has such a high fuel tax (I stand corrected if I am wrong), most other countries wouldn't put up with it for a start.

Brightness said:
what if the govt reduced the levies it imposes on fuel?
Since the crude oil went up the last few days Gordan Brown is collecting another £7,000,000 a day VAT extra on top. :evil:

Why can't he passed it back on to the motorists?

The petrol profit margins is very thin, we refined it for approximately 11p then sell it on for 13p per litre :!: The rest goes to this greedy government.

Labour tax and spend polices doesn't works either.

Exactly Masona, but can GB see that he is doing anything wrong? I'd like to know just exactly where that extra 7million a day is going. He certainly can't say it's going on roads as the ones round here are appalling. What with that and the cameras popping up everywhere is it any wonder motorists are getting peeved?

Most other countries did not grab taxation dosh which was going to be unsustainable ..
Fuel 'tax' (47p plus vat) plus (fuel cost plus vat)
So on a litre at £1 .... 0.55p + 0.067 = near enough 62p tax plus 38p for the fuel.... Who could ever think of charging more tax than the commodity itself?
Perhaps Blair and co should tax themselves correspondingly- 125% tax should be right, 25% more than we actually pay them, they'll still have a profit from their other dabblings, probably done in 'our time' anyway.
Cannot wait to see them gone .. 'kin marginally left of centre tories.

I mean, who could be so devoid of any semblence of self respect than the DPM?? Deputy PM without portfolio, more like deputy dawg crapping on the streets of his betters.. Whilst keeping clear of the 'real' (not our choice) deputy pm...
If Brown is next in line, DPM should be relegated to the pay commensurate with the menial tasks he occasionaly carries out .. Perhaps as a civil servant.
On top of that .. Just gonna cut the grass now it's raining !! I bet Prescott was tasked to order the sunshine today !!
:D :D :D :D

:LOL: Dept. Dawg :LOL: Dagnabbit Musky :LOL: .excellent description of 2 jagz ;)

Brightness said:
...........I'd like to know just exactly where that extra 7million a day is going..........

Down-payments on Cherie's haircuts no doubt :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back