Roast dinners are more

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
toxic than the worlds most polluted streets

Cooking a roast dinner produces more toxic fumes than on the worlds most polluted streets according to a major study :eek:

They found that preparing a turkey meal pushed indoor levels up to as many as 13 times the level seen in inner city London :eek:

It could even breach WHO limits for more than 8 hours according to the most comprehensive study of air pollution ever under taken :eek:

Roasts could well be banned in particular a Christmas roast dinner :eek:

Sponsored Links
Tell us the story about £350million for the NHS, that always gets a laugh.

Tell us the relevance.

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...oast-causes-indoor-pollution-worse-than-delhi

Cooking a Sunday roast can drive indoor air pollution far above the levels found in the most polluted cities on Earth, scientists have said.

Researchers found that roasting meat and vegetables, and using a gas hob, released a surge of fine particles that could make household air dirtier than that in Delhi.

Sponsored Links
It says

“This compares to a very polluted city, but what’s important to remember is that this was for a short period of time. When you live in a polluted city you’re in it for 24 hours a day.”

Thank goodness the extractor fan and the cooker hood have been invented.

It says

“This compares to a very polluted city, but what’s important to remember is that this was for a short period of time. When you live in a polluted city you’re in it for 24 hours a day.”

Thank goodness the extractor fan and the cooker hood have been invented.

Well not everyone has extractor fans but at the same time they draw air in from somewhere - presumably the polluted air from outside.

another unsubstantiated rumour from tranny.

Tell us the story about £350million for the NHS, that always gets a laugh.
Ferkin thick asssed remainiacs destroy another post

Induction hobs just as good as gas hobs..What about all the woodburners being fitted?

Well I have the use of both and I hate the electric hobs. Such a pain to cook on, either nothing is happening or it's burning.

I did think to myself maybe there will be a black market for LPG in the future and as you say, woodburner numbers will only increase as a result.

Sponsored Links
Back