Coronavirus - "You may never be out of the woods"

NHS Chief Executive Sir Simon Stevens said: “Long COVID is already having a very serious impact on many people’s lives and could well go on to affect hundreds of thousands"

I guess he doesn't know what he's talking about.

jXD7kFLwudbBC.gif

Sponsored Links
Green cross code was the same, people would walk up to a road, look right, look left, then step out in front of a car.

The fine line between giving useful advice, and giving (some) people an excuse to not think for themselves.

This is an interesting twist.

My friend was in hospital with Covid, he'd rang the ambulance because he said he'd had the worst headache imaginable. Sound like it tallies up with the article?. The had him on a breathing machine but not the full on ventilator.

I know of probably 10 people who have had it, tested positive after showing symptoms and all the rest didn't really suffer at all, just felt a bit pants.

Very strange how some get hit like a hammer and others don't.

My wife has been in hospital for a week (not Covid), just nicely got out and the were very short staffed. Not the best time to require 2 operations but they did an excellent job of looking after her.

The fine line between giving useful advice, and giving (some) people an excuse to not think for themselves.
There is no cure for stupid.Some will do anything to blame govt, someome else, or be awkward.No amount of education will ever change the properly dense minority, one just has to live with them.

Sponsored Links
There is no cure for stupid.Some will do anything to blame govt, someome else, or be awkward.No amount of education will ever change the properly dense minority, one just has to live with them.

Some, however, think that the correct path is to issue ever more "guidance", which will be wasted on the intended recipients anyway, and only serve to drag even more "others" into the realms of the "can't / won't think for themselves" brigade.

Some, however, think that the correct path is to issue ever more "guidance", which will be wasted on the intended recipients anyway, and only serve to drag even more "others" into the realms of the "can't / won't think for themselves" brigade.
Spot on.

Gov seem to have realised that many don't trust them. Throw in misinformation and matters get worse. There are anti just about everything groups of people about who will do their best to convince others :) even concerning the EU.

Some will accept misinformation or look for ways of bending the rules because it suites them. Gov - now things are vaguer more uncertainty. ;) That may be some do better so aren't we great.

These show some interesting features in various sections
https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths

Cases these day have a similar shape to deaths. I think I see a period where covid was not news worthy. It's also possible to see the 2 failed attempts to control it and IMHO too late really. I suppose info from Wale's short sharp shock lock down was too recent but .............

Then the number forcasts that a modeller came up with 500,000 deaths if and only if they didn't do anything about it. That actually was the reasonable worst case. ;) The gov didn't like the worst worst case. They can do sums like this once they know the effects on a population. So then we get lots of shouting about 500,000 when they are doing something about it from cretins that haven't got a clue. 1,000s die from flue each year etc when covid had already killed far far more.

:( And so it goes on. It's not so much the population it's more down to life and some idiots. Not in the news - don't worry etc.

Back