Frontline NHS doctor reveals how coronavirus has unleashed terror in hospital

South Korea has about 9k cases and 120 deaths. We have 8k cases and 422 deaths.

SK aggressive testing regime helped them better understand how the virus spread and subsequently they were better at controlling it, I believe Germany is likewise.

Control the spread you suppress the number of infecred and thus the deaths.
Agreed.

Assuming that our healthcare is comparable and given the ratio in other countries we've probably got closer to 40-50,000 cases, just undiagnosed. Possibly a lot more as there's supposed to be about 2 weeks or more between contracting the disease and dying from it on average. So it may be better to say that we probably had 40-50k cases a fortnight ago.

Sponsored Links
Agreed.

Assuming that our healthcare is comparable and given the ratio in other countries we've probably got closer to 40-50,000 cases, just undiagnosed. Possibly a lot more as there's supposed to be about 2 weeks or more between contracting the disease and dying from it on average. So it may be better to say that we probably had 40-50k cases a fortnight ago.

There will be all manner of numbers crunched when all this is over. The amount of data to analyse will help us in the future. Going forward the world hopefully will be a lot more prepared and proactive.

I am waiting on figures from Italy. I hope yesterdays spike was just an outlier.

South Korea has about 9k cases and 120 deaths. We have 8k cases and 422 deaths.

SK aggressive testing regime helped them better understand how the virus spread and subsequently they were better at controlling it, I believe Germany is likewise.

Control the spread you suppress the number of infecred and thus the deaths.

It seems SK had part prepared as soon as China reacted and had their first cases on the same day as the USA. Jumped on it quickly and were well set up for both aspects due to previous experience with sars. Then there was chicken aka bird flu. So several countries took it very seriously immediately for the same reasons. Maybe the rest of the world should have considered what might have happened if the others had spread to the same extent. Sars was another coronavirus.

A university picked a town in Italy and tested everybody and reckon it was under control very quickly. How to do that with 60 odd million people?

Sponsored Links
According to the news

Dyson has taken an order from. The NHS
For ten thousand ventilators

According to the news

Dyson has taken an order from. The NHS
For ten thousand ventilators

I believe Dyson will produce upto 10k of which 1k likely will be taken by the UK.

Exact details to be known tomorrow.

The storm is coming. Lions lead by lambs.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...g-tsunami-of-coronavirus-patients-overwhelmed

Hospital bosses say trusts will be overwhelmed in a few days as staff sickness rates rise.

London hospitals are facing a “continuous tsunami” of coronavirus patients and some are likely to be overwhelmed in a few days, according to Chris Hopson, the chief executive of NHS Providers – which represents hospital bosses.

Hopson said hospitals had expanded critical care capacity between five and sevenfold in the last weeks, but chief executives have been alarmed by the speed at which beds are filling up in the capital.

They shouldve gone to Numatic international and got some Henry ventilators made.

There was a muttering on the news yesterday. A number of companies have something but finding it impossible to do anything with them. Reminds me of Churchill appointing Beaverbrook to organise manufacture related to the war effort. Odd choice given he was into newspapers but picked as was capable of undoing bottlenecks even if it meant getting rid of people running companies and just wouldn't take no for an answer. Boris just asks and it sounds like some may have but can't do anything with them. I keep wondering about lack of joined up thinking given the way things come out.

There was a murmur about China going into mass production of ventilators so that they could cope more effectively if the same happens again.

Last act passed before they all go on holiday 50% of our GPD as a reserve.

A number of companies have something but finding it impossible to do anything with them.

the difficulty is manufacturing from generic parts which can be manufactured rapidly or there is stock on the shelf.

manufacture is not how it used to be -these days most manufacturing is really like car manufacture. ie the end product manufacturer makes a few key parts but sub contracts out loads of the bespoke parts to businesses all around the world.

The one benefit of modern manufacture is that CNC production can manufacture different parts rapidly with minimal set up times but things like injection mouldings etc still need dies etc that take time.

Sponsored Links
Back