Rochdale Counciller

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Faisal Rana recently admitted to voting twice in Mays local elections. Ounce from his home address in one ward and then in a separate from another property he owns.

Greater Manchester plod were called in & Counciller Rana was cautioned.

There were calls for his resignation , but so far he has only stepped down from the cabinet claiming he misinterpreted the rules ;)

The leader of Rochdale council Allen Brett said he was disappointed in his colleague

"It is vital that councillers do all they can to uphold the integrity of the democratic process"

This is the same councillor Brett who was caught on tape before the same local election telling fellow politico's he might not spend money on wards that do not vote Labour :)

In the recording Brett is heard saying that £12 million had been set aside to be spent on communities across Rochdale . He then adds

" But I am not releasing it ( the money) because - I'll deny it I've said this & I am very reluctant to say it even in this room - if we don't do successful in one ward I might not sp;end any money in that ward" " You can work that one out but I'll deny I've said it . I will"

True to his word he did deny it :LOL: until it was revealed that he had been recorded :LOL:

Despite his lapse in integrity Brett still managed to win the backing of his fellow ;) councillers who reselected him as there leader

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Sponsored Links
Rochdale is a lovely place :)

There was anothe Rochdale councillor who’s son apparently tried to go and join Isis.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....-to-enter-syria-could-be-deported-immediately

Then the council covered up Ciril Smith’s paedophile activities.

The Conservative councillor near me likes to made out he is a hero in the local rag, loves having his picture taken next to pot holes and fly tipping rubbish. I e-mailed him for some help when I was getting frustrated trying to deal with a council issue and he ignored me.
B08C4D47-697E-4775-A757-25829CC91654.png

Set of useless self serving ****s on the red and blue teams.

Last edited:
Hmmm interesting (or not) that there is no comment from JohnD on this caper o_O

Predictable :idea: :LOL:

But Lancashire council ;);)

Sponsored Links
You couldn't make this up. Politicians of any party caught lying should be suspended from office ....harsh some might question but they are in positions of trust and should be trustworthy. But actually trying to punish wards that didn't vote labour is appalling ....they all pay council tax and allocating funds should absolutely not depend on the political leanings of areas......nor should one man be in a position to orchestrate such a thing.

Back