Rogue traders or plumbers from hell?

The whole job looks good to me. Shame about the socket being so close and also about the pipes not being run behind the boiler, but had you said anything to them about not wanting the boiler sticking too far off the wall?

If so this could be why they did not use a stand off kit as this will, on average, make the boiler about 75mm deeper off the wall.

The blown bricks are no concern, they will probably cement round the pipes to finish off.

Bricks will blow what ever size drill you use, unless you are lucky enough to hit the mortar joint.

After seeing the pics I feel you were being somewhat unfair to them in your first post.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks but are you able to advsie on boiler location and overhead cupboard above hob?

L

Many thanks but are you able to advsie on boiler location and overhead cupboard above hob?

L

boy am i glad im not you're installer!!!!!!...... ask the guy who's doing the job what the clearances are.

dont you just love 'helpful clients'. :evil:

If so this could be why they did not use a stand off kit as this will, on average, make the boiler about 75mm deeper off the wall.

There's no stand off kit on this boiler (Worcester) the pipes run in a space provided for them, that's why the jig is marked up & it even gives the measurements in degrees for the bends.

Sponsored Links
Without seeing the top where the pipes go into the ceiling we cant really comment on wether he should have taken pipes inside boiler, (pipes might have to offset and still require boxing, outside wall can easily be made good, pipework looks neat and can be boxed in (most are) , as said in a previous post wait till its finished, it always looks like a bombsite till the jobs done, from what i can see at least he has a bit of pride in his work.

There's no stand off kit on this boiler (Worcester) the pipes run in a space provided for them, that's why the jig is marked up & it even gives the measurements in degrees for the bends.

Didn't know that, but then I wouldn't as I will never fit a WB :rolleyes:

That is tidy job,done well and by the looks of professional installer,The little niggly bits about blown holes and how you can use this drill and that drill sometimes it works sometimes even with 10mm pilot hole the brick may blow out.

Now the issue with clearances these are stated in manufacturers instructions and the installer has to comply with them

Instead of asking generic questions on DIY website where some people may be suitably qualified and others pretending to be,you will be alot better off discussing any issues you may have with the installer concerned

At the end of the day they will be signing off the job and completing the benchmark certificate

Phew

This sounds like the plumbing establsihment closing ranks on me. The one thing I wasn't guilty of was asking "generic questions".

Thanks anyway.

Customers from hell! I like it.

L

So far the only thing that 2 problems I can see are insufficient communication from the installers and a misunderstanding of the amount of work the job entails on your part.

You're probably right. However just out of interest the doubl socket used to create the spur for the boiler now sparks and doesn't work.

Just a minor H&S issue I'd say.

Am going thru the snagging list with the installer today to hopefully resolve these "generic issues".

Many thanks for your combined input.

L

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back