Roller garage door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my electric garage door stopped working. Worked fine one day but not the next. I replaced the control panel and there is power to te motor but still doesn't work. I replaced the motor, still nothing. There is another cable going to the other end but I don't know why (see pic) as I thought it was just a bearing on that end. Anyone got any ideas why it won't work?
IMG_20211030_163656.jpg

Sponsored Links
What are you using to test for a supply at the motor & controller? You need a multimeter to you ensure you are getting live & neutral. What make of door is it?

I don't know what the make of the door is and I used a voltage detector. What is that on the opposite side to the motor, I haven't seen that on other doors.

Thats the electric brake for the door looks like a rollador do u have soft edge if so check batteries

Sponsored Links
I don't think so but then again I don't know what soft edges are.
I forgot to mention, when I press the button for the door to go up the control unit clicks and the cable becomes live. But there is no sound from the motor.

Check your connections to make sure you haven't clamped the insulation instead of the bare wire.
Check you have the motor connections correct. If you have crossed them it may stop the motor from trying to run in the wrong direction.
Check the limit switches haven't been distorted or worked loose.
As advised, you need a multi-meter rather than a voltage tester. A voltage tester will only show live voltage, a tetser will show if you are getting a full circuit.

It I a new motor, I put the multi meter on rhe black and brown and had a resistance on 160. I reconnected them and got the same under load. The 1st pic is the wiring of the door that won't work, the second is my other door.
16357781168986478908794675447157.jpg
16357781660605657597345569596186.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back