Roller Marks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Painted a couple of walls white (different rooms) recently and at a certain side view angle you can see what look like roller marks (See pic). It looks a lot worse when looking at it when natural light is flooding in through a window at the other end. Any thoughts?
Cheer.

Attachments

• 20201218_113507.jpg
    20201218_113507.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 178
Sponsored Links
How many coats has that had?

Have you re-rollered those patches at a different angle to the way that paint was applied?

All you can really do is to have another go.

Best to give the wall a light sand, particularly where the marks are.

Try not to have the room to warm, turn the heating off well before you start.

When it dries to fast, it means you have to work extra fast.

Try and roll it out thoroughly, but without spending any time on it.

I suspect you will do this, and still have marks when it dries - it's not as easy as it should be, and frustrating - this problem alone is well worth paying a decent pro for, as this problem can become an obsession...

Sponsored Links
All you can really do is to have another go.

Best to give the wall a light sand, particularly where the marks are.

Try not to have the room to warm, turn the heating off well before you start.

When it dries to fast, it means you have to work extra fast.

Try and roll it out thoroughly, but without spending any time on it.

I suspect you will do this, and still have marks when it dries - it's not as easy as it should be, and frustrating - this problem alone is well worth paying a decent pro for, as this problem can become an obsession...

I will give it another go... i know from the first job I did, it had 3 coats and I gave up in the end... Wondering if its the roller? The thing is, most people probably wouldn't really notice... looking at it head on it looks fine... just looking for the perfect finish I guess!

You could look at (some) of the YouTube videos, though remembering the exact technique can often be a little difficult when you try it for real.

Get a 15+ inch roller as and go horizontal right along wall. Start at the top and down 13 inches on next run doing it in one long run, and in the same direction. Not back and forth in bits.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back