Rollertec Garage Door Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently developed an issue with my garage door. I have a Thermaglide door with a rollertec V2 unit. It was working fine but for suddenly for some reason does not want to open (automatically). When I press open (up) on any remote, unit or separate switch the door just goes down.

I can manually open it and it closes with no issue but then again I cant open it. When its closed and I press to open it forces it down even more. I did not play with any electronics. The motor is obviously working. I have tried to set the motor limits but again I never altered them in the first place.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
My experience of such systems is very limited but I have twice had to use the manual pull cord on a different brand.

After using the manual cord, I had to reengage the pick up point and use the remote to recalibrate the system, which also involved hitting a reset on the drive box.

Not familiar with that make but on others it would be either the up limit switch is faulty or the slip ring brushes worn or contaminated. They use one brush for up & the other for down with a common neutral.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back