Wiring a remote switch for Rollertec garage door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there I have a rollertec V2 control unit that operates a garage door fitted ~15 years back. I've since found out RollerTec (the PCB manufacturers not https://rollertec.uk/ the UK installer) no longer exists.

The buttons on the unit have failed and I know I can get a replacement ribbon as a like-for-like replacement. That said I can see that the control unit allows for an external set of up / down buttons and I can see how to wire the Up button and the Down button.

I know the following image is from a later board, but it shows 4 connectors for the ribbon cable (labelled "cover buttons connector"). These lead to up/down/stop buttons on the front of the unit. You can also see 3 buttons for open / close stop so the unit clearly supports this (and does in practice)

So I am hoping you can help me understand how I use the terminal blocks to indicate a "stop" rather than just up or down.

Any thoughts, guidance most appreciated

Sponsored Links
I don’t really understand the problem. So you have a different PCB than the one in the photo. Does yours have the 4-way connector, or does it have a 3-way connector? Which buttons have failed, the ones on the PCB or some external ones? It would be a surprising coincidence if both buttons failed at the same time - are you sure it’s the buttons themselves rather than something else that has failed?

It should not be difficult to trace the PCB tracks between the connector and the buttons.

Sponsored Links
John.
This manual suggest that the terminal blocks provide a sequential operation from ONE momentary action switch. OPEN STOP CLOSE STOP
So pressing the switch makes it OPEN pressing again makes it STOP, pressing it again makes it CLOSE pressing it again makes it STOP.

But cannot tell if this is for V2 or v3. Or simply selected by dip switches.

So you do not need a stop button.
https://www.vps247.co.uk/storage/c2547197-02e3-4b79-8c16-49d9ca6d2069.pdf
Screenshot 2020-11-20 at 14.38.38.png

If this is correct I would wire T13+T14 to a momentary action switch such as this:
https://www.screwfix.com/search?search=press+switch

Last edited:
Hi endecotp, PCB image was a stock photo as it shows clearly the connectors (and labels them) but in essence it's the same as mine i.e. 4 for the ribbon cable but 3 on the block connector. FYI This is what my original 3 buttons look like that attach to the 4 pin ribbon cable hence why I need to replace them.

Rather than replace like-for like I'm fitting a more robust, mechanical set of buttons and have up/down/stop.

SFK, I think you might be right. T13-15 adds a sequential switch rather than repeat the same functionality as the ribbon cable or on-PCB buttons

I think my choice is trace the PCB tracks or go sequential.

Many thanks all.20201120_145744.jpg

OK, so you need to replace the buttons in the pic in post 6. So assuming there is no documentation, you can either trace the tracks at the PCB end or on the button strip. Shouldn’t be too difficult in either case. There is probably one common and one for each switch, in some order. More difficult would be finding a suitable connector, though it could certainly be bodged.

(EDIT: I reckon you could trace the tracks on the button strip just by holding it up to a bright light.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back