Roof and eaves height - for PD application

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Doing a Permitted Development under neighborhood consultation so it requires me to enter details of the eaves height and overall extension height.

The extension will be at the rear, and single story.

Would an eaves height of 2.5meters be right? Ive had a planner say that it just needs to be enough for the ceiling height. Current ceiling height in the house is 2.25meters

And how far below the 2nd floor windows should I make the overall height of the extension?

I'm asking as I'd rather not have a planner and these are probably the only things they can provide me.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Eaves are normally lower than a ceiling if the roof is piched. Higher if flat. It depends on the roof pitch.

The height below the cills depends on the roof pitch. That depends on the tiles.

Just write "maximum eaves height 3m, maximum overall height 4m". That covers you for however you decide to build it,
and it remains within p.d. limits.
It's not good practice to tie yourself down to a specific height such as "eaves height 2.65m" incase it actually works out at more like 2.75m.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back