Roof coatings, what companies are worthwhile??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We are planning on getting our roofline and roughcasting done on our house.

We were thinking depending on price about getting our roof tiles coated, but with so many different companies going about door-to-door offering this service i was wondering if anyone knows of a company with a good reputation for doing this kind of work??

I have had aquashield and some other company can't remember name out a few times over the past 2-3 years.

Cheers

Rezarf

Sponsored Links
Prepare the battlements as you won't get too many positive replies on this one (including here).

If you really really really really do want a quote for coating the roof also investigate cost of roof replacement and you may be surprised at the comparison, it prob won't be too different

Prepare the battlements as you won't get too many positive replies on this one (including here).

If you really really really really do want a quote for coating the roof also investigate cost of roof replacement and you may be surprised at the comparison, it prob won't be too different

a good debate is always healthy when you plan on spending money on you house.

I was under the impression that a replacement roof would be a lot more money. Would be interesting to get a quote.

Sponsored Links
I dont know were the concept came from but it will fade away just like the coating will. put your money towards a new roof makes sense in the end.

Never mind painting old tiles - there are threads here from people who have new tiles painted @ the factory - and they are fading :!:

[I was under the impression that a replacement roof would be a lot more money. Would be interesting to get a quote.
there is replacement - and retiling :idea: I have just had retiling done - and because I have M8`s from school (1960`s ;) ) who are builders/roofers , we left most of the battens/sarking felt where it was - just repaired the eaves felt /fascia etc. And covered one elevation with salvaged tiles . Problem for most people is - roofers just want to strip and renew the lot - it makes financial sense for them

So i assume getting your tiles painted over is a waste of time even if carried out my a reputable company??

I understand that companies like aquashield etc.. who i had heard from many times coming round the doors and if you showed just a little interest they would not let up for ages.

But there must be better companies out there who offer a better service to keep the roof protected for a while until a roof replacement is financially viable to me.

What is the rough price for roof replacement on a semi-detached house anyway?

Rezarf

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back