Roof condensation and vent tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have insulated my loft and noticed I'm starting to get condensation. So, I was looking at the Klober roof vents for my tiles which are the Mendip reds.

Are the Klober any good?
Are there better ones?

Is there an optimum place to put these tiles? they tell you how to fit them and where not to fit them but there doesn't seem to be a guide as to where to place them... e.g 3 tiles down from the ridge etc

Roof is semi-detached 3 sides tiled (no gable end)

Any advice welcome.

Sponsored Links
Just checking, assuming you are talking about insulation between the joists not rafters, but you have left a gap at the eaves so there is airflow? The insulation must stop short so it allows air to flow up and over the insulation.

Hi, yes I've left a gap, actually during the cleaning of the loft space; 58 bags of rubble, junk, and miscellaneous rubbish removed including a 1939 war mag found.
I also removed approx 60 bricks placed around the edges to block air flow although there was no insulation or condensation at that point. The loft space is boarded in the center for storage. The loft space is open with large beams running horizontally and supports with large vertical timbers.

I will check the gaps to make sure there is proper airflow as a matter of course.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back