Roof Design Possible Faults

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to view a bungalow for sale where the front roof is pitched at a different angle to the rear, thus giving a offset joint where you would normally find the ridge tiles. ( abit like two Mono Roofs joined together at different angles).

The offset between both roof heights (18"- 24") appears to have a few long white panels (not continuous pieces) which may have originally been windows???

What do you call this design of roof?

Also, near my own home in Kings Lynn, there are similar, but much higher roofed houses which are open plan?? I think the style follows a Swedish design. I believe they are susceptable to roof problems?

From photos of the bungalow for sale, the rooms appear to have normal height ceilings!

Would you expect this type of roof design to give problems with leaking due to the offset ridge and rather low roof slope on one side and limited roof space access on one side at least?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
the only problem I could forsee is the possibility of the concrete tiles not being lapped enough for the low pitch. And the felt under them taking the rain that gets through...until the felt fails :idea: . Based on experience @ my son`s last property ( a flat)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back