Roof felt on ramp?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a shed built and due to it being higher than ground level I've had to have a ramp built.

The ramp has timber supports and 18mm exterior plywood for the top.

The more this gets walked on it chips away bit by bit and it the wet it will be pretty slippy to get my motorbike in and out.

I have some left over felt from my shed roof and was thinking of glueing or tacking this to it, do you think this will last with foot traffic?

Any other ideas anyone can think of?

Sponsored Links
Torch on felt will probably last a while and will be watertight. Or a bit of light aluminum checkered plate from the hardware shop?

rubber sheet flooring?

the chequerplate sounds good but could be slippy when wet.

Johns idea is better, are you ever in Birmingham? I have loads of epdm rubber offcuts you can have. Perfect for ramps :cool:

Sponsored Links
The best stuff is a ramp made out of expanded metal mesh, even when everything is soaking wet and oily it's still very grippy.

I would just stick the felt on for now as you have it spare, as already said it will last a while

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back