roof ladders - single or double section?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello - can someone with experience please advise me on the easiest type of roof ladder to erect? i see that there are two-section and single section. i am thinking that the single section will be lighter to handle and thus easier to shove up the roof and into situ.

do i go for a 5.5m ladder to cover all situations, or something smaller around 4.5m which seems to be the average roof size around here on 1960's terraces. personally i can't see a problem if there is an excess length of ladder hanging over the edge but someone on here may know better. if it is dangerous, then an adjustable would be the way to go?

i don't get up on roofs that often and when i do it is to fit lead slates for boiler flue terminals. i'd rather not do it at all so if there is someone in the north bristol area, with good credentials, who would do lead slate installs for me then please let me know.

thanks for reading this far...

Sponsored Links
When I wanted a ladder a little while back I came across this thread: //www.diynot.com/forums/tools-...rs-for-diy-which-should-i-get.384592/#2950641 I bought the same one that chaoticj linked to in his second post from Tool-Line, though it took about a week as they are sent direct from the manufacturer and that one maybe a bit long for you, though logic says you should always go for longer than required!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back