Roof leaking below Velux

Once you start using mastic then you are admitting defeat!
If you where planning on changing the windows then it would have been wise to add a few course of brick to gain some pitch.

Sponsored Links
what tile is that?
Screenshot_20210314-075929_Chrome.jpg

Sponsored Links
I think I got the pitch wrong. Seems it's OK at 22.6 deg. I spoke to roof tile supplier and they confirmed those tiles are 17.5 dwg minimum. Can anyone confirm it's 22.6? thank you (still doesn't fix my leak)

pitch.jpg

What is this?

Attachments

• 64771465-A39F-45C7-A050-E8BEAA981775.jpeg
    64771465-A39F-45C7-A050-E8BEAA981775.jpeg
    582.4 KB · Views: 76
Correct.

I get your roof at about 16.3 degrees.

In your image, you have the rise measurement completely wrong in relation to the going or horizontal.

What bit have I got wrong?

builder has come round. He lifted about a dozen tiles and it was dry under there. I could see the stain on the felt where it has leaked. He was a bit puzzled but replaced a couple of tiles a tightening them all up. It hasn’t poured down since yesterday so I’ve no way to checking, I’m not too hopeful.

If I had to guess from the picture I would have said 15 but not less.
Looking at the measurements the rise is indeed wrong

What bit have I got wrong?
Your vertical line needed to stop short of the fascia by about 1 course of bricks based on your horizontal (3m). For some reason you carried it on past that and up to the top of the tiles - therefore you should have extended the horizontal line so that it would meet a diagonal drawn say skimming the tops of your dry verge caps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back